Thursday, November 4, 2010

See Friendship.

Today I discovered something bizarre on Facebook.  My lovely, fantastic pal Kennedy had written something on my wall.  There were links below it: Comment, Like and See Friendship.

See Friendship?  What the fuck does that mean?

I poised my cursor over the See Friendship link.  When I clicked this, would my computer screen show my and Kennedy's friendship since that faithful day we met on the Sarah Lawrence College campus at a Bates dance?  Would it show us meeting, instantly falling in love with each other, traipsing around New York City, sitting at the gay bar Pegasus?  Would the day that Kennedy encouraged me to embrace my curves and stop wearing black tarps be on the screen, from start to finish?  Would I see all the pictures we took together?  Would all our laughter and conversations flood from my speakers? 

HAD FACEBOOK BEEN STALKING US SINCE 1996???

I clicked and revealed all the comments he and I had written on each other's pages since a few years ago, when we became cyber friends. 

See Friendship really had nothing to do with our friendship at all.  Maybe it should be called See History or See All the Time You've Wasted on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment